5 Reasons For Leaving Your Job
Although our focus is on finding the ideal role, understanding exactly why many career decisions end in a 'resignation' rather than 'retirement' is interesting:
- Bad Fit. Whether it is the Y Generation convinced the company doesn't deserve them or an employer abandoning any effort to be an 'employer of choice' something just doesn't feel right with the job.
- Bored & Unchallenged Employees want to enjoy their job and continually learning. Afterall, full time employees spend around half their life working, getting ready for work and transporting themselves to work.
- The Manager. The reasons may vary, they do have a common thread, poor leadership and an inability to mentor and develop.
- Salary & Benefits. Yes, you need might be attracted by a competitive salary and professional working environment. Surprising to most however is how far this is down the list as a reason for resigning.
- Other Employees. You know what they say about "one bad apple..." Hiring one wrong person can bring down a cohesive team faster than hiring 5 great staff. After all we, spend more time with our colleagues than we do our husbands, wives or children!
Sources (Updated February 2018):
For more Specialist Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >