- Medical Technician
At HealthStaffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the recruitment industry. Whether you are a staff agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following employment facts (Updated September 2018):
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $5,000 and $13,000.
- Many organisations use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 74% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- On average there will be between 65 and 104 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 6% and 10% of these applicants get an interview.
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 76% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- It was reported of the 22,000 new hires 45% of them failed within 18 months and of these, 86% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the company. Only 9% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 34% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- Phone interviews last 34 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 60 minutes on average. In a survey of 2,000 hiring managers, 36% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 1 day to 9 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- On average new candidates take between 23 and 27 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 31% look for multitasking skills; 29% look for initiative; 19% look for creative thinking; and 14% look for something else in the candidate.
- companies report that 1 in 18 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- Recruitment & Employment Confederation
- The Age
- The New York Times
- American Staffing Association
- The Sydney Morning Herald
For more Medical Technician Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >