Who We Are:
At Better Rehab, we are people people. Our team of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Speech Pathologists and Positive Behaviour Support Practitioners are committed to supporting people of all ages living with a disability or neurological disorder.
Since our establishment in 2016, our caring team have been applying evidence-based practice to change the lives of thousands of people. We are now recognised as a premium NDIS provider across Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia.
Our Dickson team are currently looking for a passionate Speech Pathologist to support their growing team. We believe in a strong work-life balance and making your time in the office as enjoyable as possible. The team in our Dickson office enjoy team lunches.
Our values are at the core of what we do. When you join our team, you will see that your colleagues embody our values of:
Our participants and colleagues rely on us. We don’t waste time and work hard to help participants achieve goals they never thought possible.
We are proud to be an organisation free from politics and bureaucracy, and genuinely care about our interactions with one another and our participants. We take pride in treating each client based on their individual needs.
We believe that when our people love what they're doing, the best outcomes are achieved. We employ people who are genuinely passionate about their profession.
Working at Better Rehab is a career, not a job. We are committed to providing you with the opportunity to make a difference to those in need.
Your New Role:
This is a unique opportunity to progress your Speech Pathology career. As a Senior Clinician, not only do you have your own small caseload, providing both assessments and therapeutic interventions to a variety of people of varying ages and abilities, you will also assist in the clinical support of graduate and junior clinicians across a range of areas. In collaboration with your supportive multidisciplinary team, you will be working with clients and their families and caregivers, many of whom have NDIS funding, both in the community setting and in our clinic spaces.
At Better Rehab, no two days are the same, though a typical day may involve:
- Providing treatment to a variety of people who rely on you to improve their lives. You will assess their needs, design appropriate therapy plans, and advocate on their behalf. You may work with participants with a range of conditions including Autism, Post-Stroke and Parkinsons.
- Supporting participants in the disability and neuro sector across a number of areas including adult and child language, social communication and swallowing/dysphagia by using a range of AAC devices.
- Mentoring and guiding junior clinicians through the complexities of the NDIS, including the areas mentioned above
- Collaborating with your multidisciplinary team consisting of Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Occupational Therapists and Positive Behaviour Support Practitioners to share knowledge and ideas
- Celebrating “Weekly Wins” with your participants, their families, your colleagues, and your supportive Leadership Team
- Attending formal and informal opportunities for networking and learning and development across a national level
- Reviewing NDIS correspondence including reports from junior clinicians, whilst also directly reporting to the NDIS yourself
When You Join Us:
We have a dynamic and engaged workforce, and we understand the importance of structured onboarding and ongoing support and assistance for all staff, no matter your experience level. As a Senior, you will be trained by other Senior clinicians, and in time be directly responsible for assisting with this supportive structure.
When you join Better Rehab, you will join a small cohort of likeminded people to share your new starter experience with. We ensure that YOU are provided with dedicated, tailored support from our existing team. When you join us, you will be provided with:
- A Team Leader to assist you with our systems and practices as well as settle you in to your new office
- Clinical or Group Supervision settings where clinical support is provided in the realm of Occupational Therapy through formal sessions each week. You will also be responsible for running some of these sessions.
- The opportunity to provide clinical support to junior staff members and access internal and external professional activities to assist with this
- A supportive multidisciplinary team to collaborate with and learn from. In some cases, this also includes sharing participants with another member of the MDT, promoting a holistic approach to therapy.
- An iPhone and laptop to support flexible working and work/life balance as well as a designated therapy kit to ensure you are well equipped when working out in the community
We Value You:
Without you, there is no us. In order to provide the best support possible to our participants, we need to empower our team by providing workplace autonomy, flexibility, structured training and development initiatives, as well as strong opportunities for career progression. YOU, as our newest team member, will have your developmental pathway clearly defined.
Better Rehab Policies that support YOU include:
- 4 days' study leave each year as well as company financial support to attend external courses and events in areas that you are passionate about
- Paid parental leave and flexible working options so that you can balance your personal and professional life
- Interstate relocation opportunities across our 4 Australian states
- Passionate leave - long term unpaid leave so you can travel, take a career break, or pursue projects you are passionate about without breaking your continuity of service
- Access to external professional services for mental & emotional wellbeing through EAP, our confidential counselling support service
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Regular team bonding and celebrations of each other's life events
- Career progression through internal promotion opportunities
Not only will you have access to the above benefits and opportunities, YOU will be joining a high performing team.
What we are Looking For:
We recruit on the philosophy of once a Better Rehabber, always a Better Rehabber. This means we have a strong focus on personality, cultural fit and long-term career potential. After all, we are a movement, and this is a career, not just a job. If you meet the below criteria, we would love to speak with you:
- You are driven, autonomous and passionate about pursuing your life and career goals
- You are confident in providing support to junior clinicians
- You are comfortable working in a high-growth business
- You approach your work with flexibility and are highly adaptable
- You have relevant tertiary qualifications in Speech Pathology and 3+ years’ post-qualification experience
- You have your own car and a valid drivers’ licence
- You can provide evidence of:
- SPA registration
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
How to Apply:
If you think this opportunity might be for you, click ‘Apply Now’ with your covering letter and CV. To learn more about Better Rehab, please visit our website: https://BetterRehab.com.au/.
Please email MyFuture@BetterRehab.com.au. To have a confidential conversation about your career, call Grace on 0403 502 405. Please note that we are not accepting applications via email. Any candidates that come through this platform will be redirected to SEEK.
Recruiters - We appreciate your willingness to assist but we've got this!